Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next yearSheikh Taqi al-Mawla, head of the umrah and hajj commission in Iraq, said on Wednesday that Iraq’s hajj quota will increase by 2,200
Sheikh Taqi al-Mawla, head of the umrah and hajj commission in Iraq, said on Wednesday that Iraq’s hajj quota will increase by 2,200 pilgrims next year.
“We [worked] to figure out the realistic number of Iraq’s population...and Iraq has thus been granted [the approval] of adding 2,200 pilgrims to next year’s hajj,” Mawla said.
He added that there are agreements with Saudi Arabia to increase Iraq’s hajj quota to 34,000 pilgrims each year.
The umrah and hajj commission had previously announced that Saudi Arabia has specified Iraq’s quota at 32,500 pilgrims for this year.
Najem al-Saadi, general director of the public relations and media department at the commission, said in a press conference that the kingdom specified the number of pilgrims from Iraq according to the latter’s population and according to what the Islamic conference had previously agreed on.
“The share of each one million people is 1,000 pilgrims. This applies to all Islamic countries. Each country’s quota depends on the number of its officially [registered] population,” Saadi added.
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota