Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung HajiThe statement said the Saudi government had restored the quota after the Haj quota for foreign pilgrims was reduced in 2013.
It said Saudi Arabia’s Haj and Umrah Minister Dr Mohammad Saleh Bentan said this to Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department, Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom in an annual Haj meeting in Jeddah last Wednesday.
“On behalf of the Malaysian Government, the Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department thanked the Saudi Arabian government for reinstating the haj quota which is very much welcomed by all Muslims,” it said.
The statement added that the cost for performing the Haj this year had increased to RM19,550 compared to RM18,890 last year.
“Although the cost had been increasing every year, TH had maintained the pilgrimage cost for each Muasassah pilgrim at RM9,980 since 2009.
The Haj subsidy borne by TH for the haj season this year is expected to be RM200 million,” the statement said.
TH was also informed by the Saudi government that the expansion project around the Grand Mosque was close to completion.
“This effort is to ensure that pilgrims from around the world can perform their pilgrimage comfortably and safely amid the increasing number of pilgrims every year,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, TH said the Malaysian and Saudi governments would sit down together annually to discuss ways to improve pilgrimage management.
Another matter often discussed was the provision of additional quota to help shorten the Haj pilgrimage rotation period. — Bernama
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota