India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for HajIndia’s quota for the Haj this year has been fixed at 136,020 pilgrims, according to an agreement signed with Saudi Arabia.
A total of 100,020 pilgrims will come through the Haj Committee of India and the remainder through private tour operators.
The agreement on the Haj quota was signed during a high-level Indian delegation’s visit to Jeddah on Thursday, Arab News reported on Friday.
Saudi Arabia has reduced the Haj quota for all countries by 20% and for Saudi and Gulf Cooperation Council pilgrims by 50% because of the ongoing expansion of the Grand Mosque in Mecca.
The Indian delegation was led by minister of state for external affairs Gen VK Singh and included ambassador Ahmad Javed, consul general BS Mubarak, joint secretary Rakesh Mohan of the minority affairs ministry and Haj Committee chief executive officer Ataur Rahman.
The Indian officials held talks with Saudi Haj minister Bandar Hajjar, deputy minister for transportation Mohammed Simsim and Prince Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Saa’d Al-Saud, the deputy interior minister.
The two sides discussed various Haj-related issues, including better catering for pilgrims. They also agreed to work and coordinate closely for this year’s pilgrimage.
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota