Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quotaThe Religious Affairs Ministry said on Wednesday that the government would welcome an expanded haj quota to end waits for the pilgrimage that last up to 39 years.
“The haj quota is the domain of Saudi Arabian government. Alhamdulillah (thank God), if it is willing to provide a bigger quota to us,” Ahda Barori, the ministry’s director of the haj domestic service, told The Jakarta Post.
Ahda made the statement following President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo's request to Saudi Arabian Deputy Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman during a bilateral meeting in Hangzhou, China, to consider the possibility of Indonesia getting the unused portions of haj quotas from other countries or obtaining a larger haj quota.
The ministry's attempt to persuade the Saudi government to increase its haj quota was also a response to the arrest of 177 Indonesians in Manila for trying to use places left empty in the Philippine’s underused quota.
Ahda added the longest waiting time for pilgrims was in the Sidrap regency in South Sulawesi at 39 years, while the shortest was in Seluma regency, Bengkulu, at seven years. (wnd/dan)
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota