Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this yearKUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's haj quota has been restored to 30,200 pilgrims beginning this haj season.
Tabung Haji chairman Datuk Seri Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim said the approval was obtained during King Salman Abdulaziz Al-Saud of Saudi Arabia's historic visit to Malaysia at the end of last month.
"Aside from securing RM31 billion in investments from Saudi Aramco and Petronas, an agreement was also reached to restore the 30,200 haj quota from 22,000 pilgrims three years ago," said Abdul Azeez (BN-Baling).
Abdul Azeez said this while debating a motion of thanks to the royal address by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Muhammad V at the Dewan Rakyat today.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had previously said that Malaysia's request for an increase in the haj quota had been met positively by King Salman.
The Saudi government had also announced the restoration of a Malaysian haj quota from 27,900 pilgrims for this year's haj season compared to 22,230 since 2013.
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota