Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil KhirThe Saudi Arabian government has reverted the quota for Malaysian haj pilgrims this year to the original figure of 27,800, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom said today.
He said the move automatically revoked the 20 per cent reduced quota for haj pilgrims which was implemented in 2013.
"Malaysia thanks the Saudi Arabian government for returning the original quota for our haj pilgrims," he said after presenting donation worth more than RM36,000 to seven mosques and 47 surau which were affected by the flood at Dewan Tanjung Mas here.
Jamil said the donation was to ease the burden suffered by the mosque and the surau's management following the flood in Kelantan.
"This is not the first or the last. The federal government will continue to help the people," he said.
It was reported that Saudi Arabia had decided to reduce the number of haj pilgrims following the extension work at the Grand Mosque in Mecca.
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota