Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quotaKUALA LUMPUR: The additional haj quota approved by the Saudi Arabia's government has cut the waiting time for pilgrims who are on Tabung Haji's waiting list by up to 13 years.
Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom (pic)told the Dewan Rakyat that the waiting time has been shortened from 102 to 89 years for some 2.5 million Tabung Haji depositors who are waiting to perform their haj pilgrimage.
"The visit by Saudi Arabia's King Salman Abdulaziz Al-Saud to Malaysia recently had bring good news to our pilgrims who had waited for a long time.
"With the additional quota, the waiting period has been shorted by 13 years for which we are grateful," he said in reply to a supplementary question from Datuk Takiyuddin Hassan (PAS-Kota Baru) during Question Time on Monday.
Takiyuddin had sought the government's assurance over whether depositors will continue to enjoy the benefit provided by Tabung Haji in the future.
It was reported that the haj quota this year had been increased to 27,900 pilgrims from 22,230 from previously since 2013.
To an initial question from Dr Mohd Hatta Md Ramli (Amanah-Kuala Krai), Jamil said that the hibah (income distribution) of 4.25% to an estimated 9.1 million Tabung Haji depositors was competitive compared to other conventional and Islamic financial institutions.'
"Tabung Haji had announced on Feb 3 that the hibah rate for the financial year of 2016 to depositor will be 4.25% with an additional hibah haj 1.5% for those who have yet to perform their pilgrimage.
"The total distribution to depositors will be at RM2.88bil," he said.
Jamil added that Tabung Haji's financial performance remain positive despite facing various global and local uncertainties which is expected to persist until next year.
- The Twelve Months of the Islamic Lunar Calendar
- Hajj Requirements/Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Hajj/Umrah Pilgrimage
- Umrah packages by H.Mujaddedia hajj travels& tours
- Saudi Arabia to increase Hajj quotas for first time in five year
- Saudi Arabia allocates Indonesia haj quota of 221,000 per year
- Indonesia would welcome bigger haj quota
- Saudi Arabia increases India's annual Haj quota to 1.70 lakh
- Haj quota increases ruled out by Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia approves additional haj quota
- Indonesia: Saudi Arabia agrees to increase Hajj quota
- Indonesia says Saudi Arabia increased its Hajj quota
- Saudi Arabia rolls out 'biggest increase' in India's Haj quota, hikes it by 34,500
- India gets quota of 136,020 pilgrims for Haj
- SA Hajj quota re-instated as stricter accreditation process outlined
- There Are 17,000 South African Muslims Still Waiting To Attend Hajj
- Malaysia’s Haj quota is 30,200 this year
- Haj quota for pilgrims restored to 27,900 this year, says Tabung Haji
- Malaysia's haj quota restored to 30,200 pilgrims this year
- Malaysia’s haj quota for this year back to 27,800, says Jamil Khir
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from Azerbaijan to exceed quota this year
- 30,000 Bangladeshis to miss Hajj this year due to quota restriction
- Bangladesh Haj quota reduction may continue for next year
- Haj quota for Pakistan increased
- Pakistan urges Saudi govt to increase its Hajj quota
- Iraq’s hajj quota to increase by 2,200 next year
- Iran pilgrims to join this year's Hajj: Saudi Arabia
- UZBEKISTAN: Over 160 year wait to go on haj pilgrimage?
- Uzbekistan: Is Hike in Mecca Pilgrimage Quota Another Sign of Thaw?
- Uzbekistan to ask Saudi Arabia to increase Umrah quota